Brad is excited to be announcing an Indiegogo campaign to help fund a new full-length album. The album will be recorded this December in Montreal, using the studio time included with the TD Grand Prix de Jazz (awarded at the Montreal Jazz Festival). This recording will include a brand new batch of compositions, several of which were debuted on the Brad Cheeseman Group’s Summer 2016 tour. To help bring this music to life, Brad is announcing a new Indiegogo campaign:
This Thursday, May 28, 2015, I am honoured to be a featured panelist at the 2015 David Foster Wallace Conference in Normal, IL. I will be giving a brief presentation titled “Infinite Jest as a Generative Tool for Music Composition,” based on my recently completed masters thesis. It will be a fascinating experience to be surrounded by others who have found Wallace to be such an interesting and influential figure.
More information about the conference can be found here.
My favourite/most-played albums of this year:
- Ari Hoenig Lines of Oppression
- Bon Iver Bon Iver, Bon Iver
- Chris Tarry Rest of the Story
- Devin Townsend Project Deconstruction and Ghost
- Feist Metals
- Gilad Hekselman Hearts Wide Open
- James Blake James Blake
- Kimbra Vows
- Steven Wilson Grace for Drowning
- TesseracT One
Many other great releases this year as well!
August 6 – Hamilton (Gage Park) – I will be guesting with Aetherborn at Gage Park for ARTSFEST. This will be a lot of fun, and best of all, it’s free!
August 11-14 – Andre & the J-Tones will be doing a mini-tour of the Ottawa area. More details on the gigs page.
August 26 – Hamilton (This Ain’t Hollywood) – I’ll be playing bass for Kojo Damptey. Video release party for his “Broken Promises” music video.
So last weekend Quiet Lakes played with Breakfast of Champions (who came all the way from Tokyo) to celebrate the release of the split CD Missing Endings. It was a lot of fun, and we got some good feedback on the material. Playing another show with them tonight in Hamilton.
I also uploaded a NEW Like Clouds track to the Bandcamp page. This is the first track recorded specifically for the project, and is one of my favourites. Go check it out and let me know what you think! http://likeclouds.bandcamp.com
Upcoming/Things in the works:
– School auditions (having some serious deja-vu from the same thing back in 2006).
– Trip to New York City to hang out with some old cruise ship friends. Should prove to be inspiring.
– Still working on original material. If you’re a piano player with jazz chops in the Hamilton area, give me a shout!
– Various gigs coming up, including IN THE SOIL festival in St. Catharines on Apr. 30, with noise rockers Hungry Lake.
That’s all for now! Until next time..