Under the Weather & Brad Cheeseman Group (debut) at Homegrown Hamilton. January 14, $5. Doors at 9pm.
An evening of original contemporary jazz and fusion compositions.
My favourite/most-played albums of this year:
Many other great releases this year as well!
August 6 – Hamilton (Gage Park) – I will be guesting with Aetherborn at Gage Park for ARTSFEST. This will be a lot of fun, and best of all, it’s free!
August 11-14 – Andre & the J-Tones will be doing a mini-tour of the Ottawa area. More details on the gigs page.
August 26 – Hamilton (This Ain’t Hollywood) – I’ll be playing bass for Kojo Damptey. Video release party for his “Broken Promises” music video.
So last weekend Quiet Lakes played with Breakfast of Champions (who came all the way from Tokyo) to celebrate the release of the split CD Missing Endings. It was a lot of fun, and we got some good feedback on the material. Playing another show with them tonight in Hamilton.
I also uploaded a NEW Like Clouds track to the Bandcamp page. This is the first track recorded specifically for the project, and is one of my favourites. Go check it out and let me know what you think! http://likeclouds.bandcamp.com
Upcoming/Things in the works:
– School auditions (having some serious deja-vu from the same thing back in 2006).
– Trip to New York City to hang out with some old cruise ship friends. Should prove to be inspiring.
– Still working on original material. If you’re a piano player with jazz chops in the Hamilton area, give me a shout!
– Various gigs coming up, including IN THE SOIL festival in St. Catharines on Apr. 30, with noise rockers Hungry Lake.
That’s all for now! Until next time..
The Missing Endings split EP by BoC & Quiet Lakes is now available for digital purchase on Bandcamp. Physical copies will be available starting March 22.
2. Master Blaster
4. Say Hello to My Little Friend
5. Summer Madness
6. Cracked Lips
9. Out & Cold